Organic Amla Fruit Powder
Amla is a medium-sized deciduous tree of the family Phyllanthaceae, found largely in the sub-tropical mountain region of South India. It is an indispensable part of the Ayurvedia and Unani system of medicine.
Amla is also known as Indian Gooseberry, Phyllanthus emblica, Emblic myrobalan, Myrobalan, Malacca Tree, or Amla from Sanskrit amalika. It is known for its edible fruit of the same name. The fruit is nearly spherical, light greenish yellow, quite smooth and hard in appearance, with six vertical stripes or furrows.
Amla Fruit Powder obtained from these potent gooseberries has been primarily used in traditional Indian Ayurvedic medicine. Amla Fruit is reputed to have the highest content of vitamin C of any naturally occurring substance found in nature. Amla has an extremely high ORAC value and contains a high concentration of antioxidants.
The Amla Fruit is gathered from the Amla tree, carefully washed and shadow dried, then ground into the Amla Fruit Powder. To retain the nutrient values of the leaf, heat is not applied at any stage of processing.
Product offerings include 100% Pure Organic Amla Fruit Powder and Organic Dried Amla (TBC and CS) for herbal tea applications.
- Excellent source of potent antioxidants, iron, vitamins A and C, potassium, magnesium and calcium.
- Contains protein, vitamins and minerals, carbohydrates and fiber.
- Wide array of vitamins and minerals that can help eliminate free radicals, restore energy and boost immunity, increase vitality, improve digestion, and promote skin, nail and hair health.
- Extremely high ORAC value.
- Amla can be used in culinary application to enhance the nutritional value, encapsulation and beverage/tinctures to enjoy the health benefits of the fruit.
For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.