Organic Ashwagandha Root Powder
Ashwagandha, also known as Indian Ginseng, is considered one of the best rejuvenating agents in Ayurveda and a powerful herbal remedy prized by the alternative health community. It is a plump shrub with oval leaves and yellow flowers. It bears red fruit about the size of a raisin. Ashwagandha thrives in the sandy, dry soils of India. Chemical analysis has shown that Ashwagandha contains minerals and biologically valuable substances including calcium, magnesium, copper, zinc, cobalt, iron, vanadium, flavonoids, alkaloids, amino acids, vitamin-lactones, proteins, saponins, glycosides, phenolic compounds and tannins.
Product offerings include 100% Pure Organic Ashwagandha Root Powder and Organic Ashwagandha Tea (TBC and CS).
- Ashwagandha has been used for centuries in India, Africa and North America for infections and warding off illness. In Ayurvedic medicine, Ashwagandha is a powerful herbal remedy prized by the alternative health community.
- Ashwagandha is known for its ability to calm, stabilize moods and adrenal recovery. Some research suggests the herb can be used to promote healthy sleep patterns and ease anxiety and restlessness, as well as to reduce the symptoms of drug withdrawal. In Texas, researchers found similarities in the sleep-inducing properties of Ashwagandha and the calming effects of the well-known amino acid GABA.
- Traditionally in India, Ashwagandha has also been used to help the aging community with mental focus, cognitive agility and memory. It is also known for its ability to fight off cold and cough symptoms.
- Ashwagandha is generally considered safe. However, it is not recommended for pregnant women.
- Ashwagandha can be used in culinary application to enhance the nutritional value, encapsulation and beverage/tinctures to enjoy the health benefits this incredible herb possesses.
In the News
For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.