Organic Baobab Seed Oil
The Baobab Fruit grows on the legendary Baobab Tree, a symbol of Africa and one of the oldest trees on the planet. Inside the coconut-sized and hard wooden shell, the Baobab Fruit dries naturally on the tree. An innovative, exclusively mechanical process is used to separate the seeds from the dry pulp and the funicles. The seeds are then cold pressed (T< 45°), to preserve the essential minerals and nutrients, and the Baobab Oil is extracted for use in cosmetic formulations.
Baobab Seed Oil is 100% natural and organic, no chemicals or preservatives are added. It has a characteristic pleasant scent, a yellow-gold color and a clear, pure appearance.
It is very stable against rancidity, has great nourishing, soothing and moisturizing properties, and absorbs well, due to its high percentage of Oleic Acid.
- Organic Baobab Oil is 100% natural and has incredible moisturizing properties for the skin, hair and body. Baobab Oil is an extremely stable and rich in fatty acids including Omega 6,9, Palmitic Acid, Oleic and Linoleic Acid, Phytosterols, Beta-Sitosterols, Tocopherols and Vitamin E.
- It quickly absorbs into the skin and is non-comedogenic. It helps to improve skin elasticity and has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. The properties of Baobab Oil encourage the regeneration of skin cells and the essential fatty acids help to maintain healthy, glowing skin.
- Baobab Oil contains three semi-exotic fatty acids, Malvalic Acid, Sterculic Acid and Dihydrosterculic Acid, which are rare among other oils.
- Skin: Improves the skin’s elasticity, nourishes and moisturizes dry and aging skin, reduces appearance of stretch marks, can help alleviate symptoms of various skin disorders including chronic bruising, psoriasis, eczema, and sun spots
- Body: Used as a massage oil to rejuvenate dry, damaged skin and tired muscles
- Scalp: Nourishes and protects dry and colored hair; adds brightness and shine to dry hair
- Hands: Protects and strengthens nails against breaking; moisturizes dry cuticles
The nutrient profile and properties of Baobab Oil make it an interesting new ingredient for various active cosmetic uses.
- Moisturizers (anti-aging, dryness, skin rejuvenating)
- Hair Care (shampoos, conditioners, leave-in treatments, hair oil)
- Skin Care (masks, cleansing oils, makeup removers)
- Body Care (lotions, scrubs, massage oils, bath oils)
- Nail Care (cuticle oil, nail strengthening products)
- Lip Care (balms, lip masks and scrubs)
The amazing Baobab Tree featured in “Ted Talks: Humble Plants That Hide Surprising Secrets“: