The Baobab, Adansonia digitata, (also known as the upside down tree, and monkey bread tree) is a drought-tolerant tree common to much of sub-Saharan Africa. It is one of the oldest trees on the planet and the species reach heights of between 5–25 m (exceptionally 30 m) tall, and up to 7 m (exceptionally 11 m) in trunk diameter. This is a very versatile tree and the young leaves, which can either be palmate or simple, are often picked and eaten as form of spinach. The leaves are also dried as a coarser tea cut. Baobab Tea is rich in calcium and exhibits high antioxidant properties from the high amounts of Vitamin C in the leaf.
Product offerings include 100% Pure Organic Baobab Fruit Pulp Powder and Organic Baobab Tea (TBC) for herbal tea applications.
- Baobab Tea has an incredible concentration vitamins, minerals, fibers and antioxidants.
- 6 x more vitamin C than oranges (300mg/100g)
- The high presence of vitamin C contributes to yield energy in the body, boost the immune system and reduce fatigue. Vitamin C increases the absorption of iron and calcium.
- 2 x more calcium than milk (280 mg/100g)
- 6 x more potassium that bananas (150 mg/100g)
- 30 x more fiber than lettuce (44 g/100g)
- The high fiber content benefits the digestive and intestinal system.
- 2 x more antioxidants that Goji berries (25.000 umole TE/100g)
- The high antioxidant and anti-inflammatory capacity of polysaccharides can aid in inflammation reduction.
- More iron than red meat
- The high content of iron, potassium and vital blood clotting ingredients can help support the circulatory system
- Loose leaf tea, tea-bags, RTD’s (ready-to-drink beverages).
The amazing Baobab Tree featured in “Ted Talks: Humble Plants That Hide Surprising Secrets“:
For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.