Organic Baobab Fruit Pulp Powder
The Baobab, Adansonia digitata, also known as the upside down tree, and monkey bread tree, is a drought-tolerant tree common to much of sub-Saharan Africa. It is one of the oldest trees on the planet and the species reach heights of between 5–25 m (exceptionally 30 m) tall, and up to 7 m (exceptionally 11 m) in trunk diameter. This is a very versatile tree and the young leaves, which can either be palmate or simple, are often picked and eaten as form of spinach. The leaves are also dried as a coarser tea cut.
Inside the coconut-sized and hard wooden shell, the Baobab Pulp dries naturally on the tree. There is no heat extraction, freeze-drying or pasteurization involved in the processing. Only a mechanical process is used to obtain the soft pure powdery pulp. The Baobab Pulp is 100% natural and organic, no chemicals or preservatives added. It has a unique pleasant flavor reminiscent of pear with a mild slightly acidic after taste due to its high percentage of organic acids such as citric acid, tartaric acid, malic acid and succinic acid.
Product offerings include 100% Pure Organic Baobab Fruit Pulp Powder and Organic Baobab Tea (TBC) for herbal tea applications.
- The Baobab Pulp has an incredible concentration vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants.
- 6 x more vitamin C than oranges (300mg/100g)
- The high presence of Vitamin C, Thiamine (Vitamin B1) and Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) contribute to yield energy in the body, boost the immune system and reduce fatigue. Vitamin C increases the absorption of Iron and Calcium.
- 2 x more calcium than milk (280 mg/100g)
- 6 x more potassium that bananas (150 mg/100g)
- 30 x more fiber than lettuce (44 g/100g)
- The high fiber content benefits the digestive and intestinal system.
- 2 x more antioxidants that Goji berries (25.000 umole TE/100g)
- The high antioxidant and anti-inflammatory capacity of polysaccharides can aid in inflammation reduction.
- More Iron than red meat
- The high content of Iron, Potassium and vital blood clotting ingredients can help support the circulatory system
- Low in sugar and fat
The nutritional profile and properties of the Baobab Pulp make it an interesting new ingredient for the food, nutraceutical, beverage and cosmetic industries. It can be used in a variety of formulations to provide nutritional fortification, flavor enhancement, viscosity, texture modification and a natural source of nutrients.
- Functional foods and beverages like energy bars and drinks
- Fruit smoothies, ice creams, jams, sauces, chocolate
- Soft drinks, fruit juices, milk
- Bakery products like cookies, snacks, pasta, and bread
- Dairy products like yogurt and shakes
- Nutritional supplements
The Baobab Pulp can be easily consumed, mixed with water or juice, or added to yogurt. Taking it every day will supplement your recommended daily allowance of vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants.
The amazing Baobab Tree featured in “Ted Talks: Humble Plants That Hide Surprising Secrets“:
For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.